Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween, swaps and such (LONG BUT GOOD!)

OK for those who know me, you may know I LOVE getting snail mail!
I also love making things, so I was looking around for something to trade and someone to trade with.
I came across this bog, and instantly made a friend in Tee from http://thealteredpaper.blogspot.com/

I traded these beauties with Wendy:
This first one is called "little witches"




 I decided since I was trading her to hop over and look around her blog, and found out she was also doing an ATC card trade there. So I sent her a message and we decided to do a double trade, and this is what I came up with for her's!

Next was my ATC for Wendy's Monster card swap:
This was titled, Even Monsters have to pee




Here's the wonderful cards she sent me:

They are both awesome!
Along with some extra goodies!




I can't wait to have some extra time to make something with these!!
THANKS WENDY!!


I've also done a fall ATC card trade with Donna @ http://redapplejunction.blogspot.com

Here's the ATC card I made for her:


And here's the one Donna sent me:


She sent it in this cute envelope.


She also sent me some other fall goodies to craft with! 
THANKS Donna!!

Now I honestly had to say I didn't know that these ladies would send me an extra little gift besides the ATC's we were swapping. But I have come to find that the ladies swapping through Tee's site, http://thealteredpaper.blogspot.com/ ,
are more then generous people that LOVE making stuff as much as I do!

I've also done a few envelope trades through Tee, and a bottle trade, can't remember where this one was through though.. :(  I erased the email... 
But, here's my bottle I got in the mail:

 We were told to send a 1 liter pop bottle stuffed full of crafting goodies worth approx $10.
Can you imagine my surprise when this is what I got!!! WOW!!

I opened the lid and this is what I saw!
I shook it, and shook it, and  I just couldn't get it all out.

 So my DH cut the bottom off for me and I dumped out all my goodies!
Here's what came out:

Look at all this ribbon!

 Awesome velum pieces
 Some buttons

felt leaves

 Some cool Halloween stickers

 A wintery goodie envelope

Look at these!

Some cool stickers

 Some beautiful rub-ons

Some Blingin' butterflies!
 Cute hay/ farm themed stickers

 Love the paper flowers!

 Some wonderful beads/ flat back flowers and stones

And OMG I'm so in LOVE with these brads:

 They are so awesome! 


And last but not least, a couple stamps!!
THANKS AGAIN, Patti Bruce, for this awesome trade!
What a score!!


Now onto my Halloween (craft) envelope trade!
I traded with the wonderfully talented, April Cole at

Here's what she sent me:
 Handmade envelope!

 This awesome vintage card!! LOVE IT!!

 Look at all my goodies!

 My son decided to try this cute bag on for size!

  Vintage papers and cute treat bags!

My daughter fell for this one, she even gave this ghost a little kiss, LOL

So sweet!

 
Strings, foam letters and feathers.


 And all these too!

 Cool vintage photos!
 And a dollie, some cut outs,

 and some paper pieces.

And some tags and more cut outs!
I LOVED IT ALL, Thanks again April!

UPDATE:
Just so everyone else knows I am still working on this months Scrap'n with Flair kit, and promise I will have some cool cards and such to show you, we are actually doing an earlier release date this month to give you some more time to purchase your kit before the Christmas rush!.

As well I have just done another mail out of different trades I've been working on through Tee's site:
She has awesome themed trades, so make sure you take a look around and see what's happening over there!

I also found a site called swap-bot to do some other trading on as well.
They have a points awards system for trading, and tons of different themes!
Can't wait to see what I get in the mail tomorrow!
TTFN~ Elysia

8 comments:

  1. Lots of treats and no tricks don't you wish every day could be like that.. it was lovely to trade with you and I have posted the partners for the blissfull ATC swap.. http;//blissfullatcswap.blogspot.com...I look forward to seeing what you come up with for "Thankful" Hugs wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is Mayje from the Blogger Swap over Swap-bot. There are so many such great goodies in your swaps. I love those vintage images and the clear stamps! Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really have been having so much fun in all the swaps this Season!
    Always A Pleasure to Give & Receive with such Talented & Creative Ladies! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, nice to see ur blog - it really shows great work. wow. i am new into atcs - but i really wanna keep going, it seems to be so much fun and i really enjoyed making my first ones. :) u asked me bout private swaps - well, i dont have that many stamps since usually i leave em on my envies since they re kinda part of them. i know where i have a bunch lying around - but that s 6000miles away so hard to get them here and mail em to u. maybe next time when i m on vacation in europe?
    what else would u b interested in trading?
    regards, annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so crafty, Elysia. I am so impressed by your Halloween creations. I can't wait to see your other works.

    Anna (mynursecoach) from swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there Elysia- I am your new swap partner at the Bliss swap blog! Email me your address and I will send mine :) Looking forward to swapping with you... :) Jane W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, that really was a remarkable "message in a bottle" you got! That must have been so much fun to open up and hats off to your hubby for lending a hand !
    I love the cunning little ATC bag as well. Did you sew that by machine or by hand? I am always a little lazy to drag my machine out for small things but that is totally adorable .
    I just recently tarted trading on swap bot and I love getting mail too although I have yet to do a swap other than ATC ones (I have been trading those for about 2 years and have well over a thousand little pieces of art!
    Thanks for the great pictures..truly worth a thousand words! I love your card from your latest post too!
    Hope November is treating you well.
    CindyJo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture with your son peeking out the frankenstein bag. So cute.

    (Sauterelle from Swap-bot Check Out my Blog #6)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog