Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Great holiday season!


 As I said before my birthday was on December 17th, and having arrived home on my birthday we didn't do to much that day. We just ordered in some take-out and relaxed, enjoying our space and TV, LOL.

 My hubby arrived home a couple days later with these flowers, just before we headed to my Dad's place for a great birthday supper!
What a great wintery bouquet!
This cute guy was peeking out just waiting to say "Happy Birthday!"

 And why was this flower in such a wintery bouquet one would only know...
Guess someone designed it just for me?!


I hope you all have been having a great holiday season, filled with Black Friday shopping, MERRY CHRISTMAS GIFTS AND DINNERS, and of course BOXING WEEK SALES TOO.

Between all these I'm sure you've gotten quite a hall, and if not I know you can stop by the SCRAPIN' WITH FLAIR site to see what's on sale there too!! I know there's a number of kits and papers on clearance to make room for the new stuff that will soon enough be filling the shelves from CHA.
We are currently taking a break from our monthly kits and design team duties to relax over the holiday season, but will be back with a Valentine's themed kit for February.

So, I've been doing some of my own things around the house. I absolutely love decorating for the holidays and this is one of my favorite home made accessories:

I actually created this Christmas arrangement using freebies!

I was given this crazy green vase from a friend... it didn't do anything for her she said, it just made her think of me, so she figured it would be best if I had it, LOL.
I was also given a shopping bag full of mixed faux flowers and Christmas crafting stuff from an acquaintance.
Frankly most of the bag was junk, but I did manage to salvage the streamers, poinsettias, and the adorable bird house with pine cones and berry accessories.


All for a cost of FREE! 
I have seen approx. the same things while out and about shopping and am sure to make something similar would cost approx.:
Vase at thrift store $5.00 - $7.00
Flowers at dollar store: $5.00 - $7.00
Streamers at dollar store $2.00

Still a very cheap center piece or great thrifty gift! I also made a thrifty door wreath, but have yet to take some photos. I promise to try to get those up soon.

I also thought I'd take the time to show off how great my tree looked this year. 

We decorated it before we went on our trip, so it was ready and waiting for us when we got home.
Man was I glad to see that tree, LOL.
 This ceramic tree was made by my hubby's Bubba, since she is no longer with us his Mom passed it on to me. It is something I will always treasure.

 And no Christmas is complete without dancing Santa. He sits on top of one of our speakers in the living room, just behind the couch so our kids can turn him on. He plays "Have a holly jolly Christmas".

 This sweet snowman chair covers were given to us by my hubby's secretary. They make me smile!

And my flower arrangement ended up hanging out beside my money tree in the kitchen.
How festive!

That said I had a great Christmas, surrounded with family and spoiled by my DH who was not supposed to buy me anything (since we went on that crazy trip). *THANKS AGAIN FOR THE CRICUT HUN*

I also came home from my holidays to find a mount of mail waiting for me:
But that can wait until tomorrow. Unless you were the one who sent me a package I had to sign for, then message me because by the time I got to the post office they had returned it....


1 comment:

  1. First Let Me Start Off By Saying Happy Belated Birthday!! We Are Both Sagittarius's!
    And I am in love with your Flower Arrangement Center Piece! And Your Tree Looks Gorgeous Too! I Had a Little White Tree Up, but Found it on its side more than once and gave up & reboxed it! LoL!
    Glad you were greated with goodies after your trip & now can sit back,relax and enjoy the Holidays @ Home! Cheers To Family, Friends & A Good New Year! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog