Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Con "GRAD" ulations

This last week has been full of family and fun!
My oldest nephew, Jacob, graduated from grade 8. Meaning in the fall he starts high school!



OMG where did the time go?! I remember him being "Auntie's baby" and having to pat him and walk him, and rock him all at the same time to get him to sleep, so my sister could get some rest. He was colicky and she was pregnant with her second boy... (sigh)


He's still the sweetest boy, always ready with a smile and a hug, but he's way to big now for me to hold and rock that's for sure. I'm so proud of the brilliant young man he's becoming! <3


To honor this great achievement I made him a "Grad" layout using my Scrap'n with Flair June kit,
as well as some embellishments from my personal stash.
( By the way he absolutely LOVED IT! )


The frame itself was bought at my local Dollarama store. It was painted using Tim Holtz - brushed pewter crackle paint then sanded a bit to give it a tarnished look.

Here's some close ups:

I used these papers from the kit,

I took my nephews photo and lightly sanded the edges to give it a distressed look.

I used this journaling card I found in my stash
and wrote in the date.
(This is the back of the journaling card.)

I printed out and inked the wording I wanted.


I embellished with some stickers from my stash,

and this neat border someone sent me as a swap goodie!

And here's a close up of the finished page.

Left side:

Right side:
I like the way it all came together.

I also had my son's Kindergarten grad, he will be heading into Grade One this fall!
Jase with his teacher Mrs. Turner,

and with his school principal, Mr. Fortosky.


Great job Jase, I'm so proud and amazed at how much you've grown this school year.

 I  hope everyone is ready to enjoy their summer, and is excited about what new
and exciting things this next school year will bring.

~Elysia

P.S. I also will be sending out mailing info to all my swappers today, and am
Looking forward to seeing what sorts of BLING my partner will be sharing with me ;)

1 comment:

Search This Blog