Saturday, June 2, 2012

June Scrap'n with Flair KIT release!!

Hello everyone! As you know I'm proud to say I'm going another round on Scrap'n with Flairs design team!
This month Leanne has created a great vintage shabby chic feeling kit.
If you like cream and beige, as well as black and reds this is the kit for you!

Here you can see the video of the full kit, and what all has been included!


The Kit includes the following
18 – 12 x 12 double sided papers
8 – 8 x 8 double sided papers
24 inches of lace
12 inches of black flat back bling
1 pkg of Fab Scrap’s Stickers
1 Fab Scrap’s chipboard album
1 pkg of various bling and metal embellishments
1 pkg of variuos I Am Roses flowers
Various die cuts including rosettes.


All for $35.00! WOW!


Now to show you a little step-by-step of my 1st project!
I took this lovely paper, and

a left over tin to alter.

First
I used my milled lavender, and 

walnut stain to add a different color dimension to the paper.

Next I trimmed my paper to size, just smaller then the cans surface to allow for the lid to close tightly.
Using my score tape I went around the top and bottom edges of the tin,

as well as adding some along the side to adhere my paper to.

Next I wrapped the paper around the tin, and added another strip to hold it in place.

This is how it looked with and without the lid.

Next on to making the flower rosettes.
I punched out the strip,

I folded them back and forth along the preferations lines.

Next I added tape to hold them two ends together.

Squeezing the sides together and toward the middle,
push it downwards.
Now hold on tight! LOL
These things are spring loaded!!

Next glue the circular piece underneath the rosette, and the scalloped piece to the top.

I added a rhinestone to the center from my personal stash to accent the red.

Next I cut a strip of this paper,

to size to go around the center of my tin.

I inked it with fired brick red.
Next I added another piece of score tape,
and adhered it in place

I took this lace included in the kit, and added it to the bottom of the striped stripe.

Next I added this brown velvet ribbon to the top edge.
This ribbon was included in the previous Christmas kit.

Next I printed out these lovely stamp images,

and fussy cut this flowered lady out using my Tim Holtz scissors!
I LOVE THEM!!

Lastly I assembled my tin!
I added another rosette I made, I added a small rose included in the kit which I inked with red brick.
I tucked under the left over snipping of lace and a loop of the velvet ribbon to the top.
I also used accented them with some rhinestones and pearls included in the kit.

I also added some pearls along the back paper seam, giving it a more refined look.



To the front I added my first rosette,
as well as my flower lady cut out!


I hope you enjoy my altered tin!
And that it inspires you to try out some of my techniques and alter your own tins!

Please check back on Friday for the announcement of our next swap, and to see my newest project!
~Elysia




There was an error in this gadget

Search This Blog