Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The road to self discovery & NEW SWAP!

Hello everyone! Life seems to be running away with me!
I haven't been swapping as much, actually I'm not too sure what I have been doing besides making an ever growing to do list... OH and I made this single scrapbooking layout too! ;)

This is my first ever page I made about myself.
I used this lovely raspberry colored paper, and embellishments from the Scrap'n with Flair June kit.

I used a different technique on the photo, I mirrored it then color faded with pink!
I added a paint chip behind it and matted it all over a piece of  red & pink paper/ heart print from the Sweet Things collection (left over from my Feb/ 2012 kit)
I also added the large heart rhinestone from my personal stash.

I embellished the left corner with a crocheted Prima doily from my personal stash, some I am Roses from the kit, a ticket embellished with rhinestone heart from my personal stash, and some of the rhinestone trim also included in the kit.

 close up of my ticket

 close up of the trim

I made the paint chip into a pocket to hold a journaling tag, also included in this lovely kit.

 I inked the edges, added some fibers and a pearl from my personal stash.
I also used a stamp from my personal collection, and did some free hand journaling.


Creativity often leads me down the road to self discovery.
I hope this will be a first of many pages to come.

I also would like to announce my next swap:
This month we will be doing a BLING swap.

I think I will do 2 different categories for this one to keep it fair to all people swapping.
1. $10 worth of new packaged bling.
2. $20 worth of newly packaged bling.

Basically you go and buy or send new in package items you already have with the $ amount totaling either $10 or $20. Depending on the # of people that join will depend on partnering.

If you wish to receive $20 worth of bling you may be mailing out to 2 different partners,
so PLEASE TRY TO BUY $10 worth of bling per time.
 If you wish to send more that is up to you, but totally NOT necessary.
It would also be great to include a card or tag made by yourself .

I will be trying to match you with partners from your own country if possible,
as I do currently have US and Canadian swappers, to keep shipping costs down for this swap.


Here are some of the items you could send:

Glittery paper (6x6 size is probably better)
ribbons with glitter or rhinestones, 

Stamps with bling,

Stickers in rhinestone shapes

or words,

rhinestones or pearls,

charms with rhinestones/ pearls,

or flowers with rhinestones/ glitter or pearls

or even stick pins
 
or even brads, the list goes on and on....

Basically you can send anything that sparkles, and adds glamour to a project!
If you are not sure about the items or swap details, just email me.

To sign up email: 4bebee@gmail.com
I need your name, blog address, and mailing address
Partners assigned via email on June 27th, 20012
Mail due out by:  June 29th, 2012

5 comments:

  1. Love the layout Eylsia!!! Creative use of the paint chip. :)

    I am super excited about the swap. You can count me in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE LAYOUT and koodoos for doing one about yourself! I have done that only once and it seemed harder to me! I am excited about the swap, and totally in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally in for the swap Elysia sounds super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout! Very nicely embellished without losing focus on the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun layout Elysia! I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog