Wednesday, September 28, 2011

sCRAP'N WITH fLAIR DT~ HALLOWEEN KIT 2ND Project~ with more 2 come

Once again delays, delays! Instead of apologizing again I'm just going to show off the lovely tags I made with my Scrap'n with Flair Halloween Kit! There are only 2 kits left so get them if you can!

My 1st tag was discovered in my kit and then pre-loved by Ana, as you saw at the beginning of my last post, so I decided to try something different with it. For those who know me, you should know I don't own any cutting or embossing machines, so I FAKED IT!! Well, I think I better then faked it with this beauty!


I took and hand bent the pattern of a spider's web into the tag, starting with the long lines going from one corner to the other end of the tag. 
I then added the in between bends to connect them together, they were a bit trickier to do. 

 Next I took my Tim Holtz ink in Spiced Marmalade, and inked over the whole tag, making sure to go over my creased web design.

Then I took this lovely clock die-cut I received with my kit, and cut it to fit. Then added the clock arms, (not pictured) attaching them with a lovely pearl brad that was also included in the kit!


Then as you can see I embellished it a little farther adding a long piece of ribbon tooling ( also included in the kit ), creating a bow at the top and allowing it to flow over the rest of my tag sort of like a veil.

I think this is my favorite tag EVER!!

Ok, now on to my recycled item tag! 



I started by adding a tiny bit of adhesive to the back of my house so it would temp. hold onto my tag, just enough so it wouldn't wiggle while I inked.

Then using a variety of inks I started inking!!! And then inking, and then inking some more, and here's what happened!



 Then I pulled of the house, and inked it too (Tim Holtz Walnut Stain), so it would be more 1 color.




Then I took my recycled item, an empty candy wrapper, and had some fun!


 Crinkle, crinkle!

 Unfold!

 Traced a circle shape with a sharp pen, ripped it out!

 Removed the back paper layer.

 And glued my candy wrapper moon and the house back onto the tag!

I then added a few embellishments found in the kit, a sign and a leaf.
And this is what I turned out like:

Oh what a hauntingly good time I had making these lovely tags!!!
Can't wait to show you the rest!!

There was an error in this gadget

Search This Blog