Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring is finally here? *NEW* APRIL SWF KIT RELEASE!

Hello everyone! I've been enjoying this warmer weather, along with this NEW Scrap'n with Flair month's KIT, WAY TOO MUCH!
1333503336_photo3-(479x384).jpg
It's a stunning kit packed full of Prima pastel goodness! 
I can get over the mountains of paper, flowers and embellishments included.

1333503336_photo2-(480x640).jpg  1333503337_photo1-(383x506).jpg
 I feel like I hit the SCRAPBOOKING DREAM JACKPOT!

That said I was doing a little Easter / Spring shopping the other day to make my lovely door hanger, and came across this cute little bird house at my local Dollarama. It was only $2.00!


so I decided I want to have a little fun with it, my KIT and a brand new to Scrap'n with Flair product: 










So I brought this stunning spray home,
mixed it up according to the instructions,

 and after giving my little house a quick sand,

 started spraying!!

Actually I went a little overboard! YICKS!
(Note to self: NEXT TIME WEAR GLOVES!)

I let it dry then started applying some of my kit paper.
I took a half sheet of paper from the kit and ripped it into smaller pieces, leaving the sharp edges to butt up against both the roof area and the base. I then applied a white glue to hold the pieces in place.
I love the way it turned out!

As that was drying I did some of my usual fussy cutting!


(What project of mine would be complete without fussy cutting?? LOL)

The piece was finished, and applied to the roof area, using double sided foam tape.

I accented the top using lace and this lovely little charm, both included in the kit.

 Now that the middle area of the bird house had time to dry, I went ahead and added this sweet wooden tag,

 and a few flowers and leaves around the bottom edges.


The middle top where I connected the paper needed a little something to, so I added a flower there also.

Here's my finished project.
FRONT

 left side

 back

 right side

I am so thrilled with the way it turned out, I'm thinking I need to make a few more as gifts...
possibly for Mother's day.


HAPPY SPRING!
~Elysia

5 comments:

  1. It really is super cute! Lovely! Note to self: go to Dollar Store and get a bird house and follow your steps! TFS
    Oliva

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty Elysia, love that spray, awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love Your Bird House Project!
    Altered Bird Houses Hmm? (Know My Mind Is Always In Altered Swap Stage! Lol).
    Happy Easter To You & Your Family Elysia! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies I had such a great time making this little gem! Glad to hear you all like it as much as I do! (HUGS!)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog