Wednesday, February 15, 2012

HAPPY Valentine's ~ KIT!!

hAPPY vALENTINE'S dAY + 1!

My son has taken all of his Valentine's off to school... and put on a darling program for us parents!
My daughter has thrown fits of love all day long...
and my husband.. well, lets just say he's awesome!
And we both enjoyed the Valentine's plans we made.

Speaking of making things:
I bought this sweet canvas and frame for $2 at my local Dollarama store a few weeks ago,
and decided to give it a make over!

 First I painted the whole canvas with the Ranger Adirondack, Snow Cap, Paint Dabber, included in the kit.
Then I sprayed the whole thing randomly with tattered Angels Glitter mist in Brick Red.
Then I applied a piece of the 12 x 12 patterned paper, also form the kit.
I distress inked the edges with Barn door (red).

 I added some handmade stick pins I made, to this wonderful crochet flower, also found in the kit!

 I wanted to create a sort of banner effect.

So, I used a thin ribbon, added the charms I made (all items needed found in the kit)
and 2 tickets (from the kit), and a sweet vintage image I found on the internet (I can't find it again SORRY)

 I got this rhinestone "LOVE" from the Dollarama as well, and accented it with these metallic leaves!
I then added a rhinestone to the top right, and bottom left corners, to finish off them off.

The bottom right corner is filled with a golden Eiffel tower, and metallic rose both from the kit!

I love the 3D effect that the crocheted flower adds!

This sweet canvas has spent the past week in the center if our table, as inspiration to LOVE.
~Elysia

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Work Eysia! You Crafty Lady! I Too Like The Banner, and The 3D Effect Your Canvas Has! Hugs,Tee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a real cute piece Elysia. I like so much about it, but especially the cute crocheted flower and the stick pins you've made. I can't crotchet, but I love it. I have made stick pins and I really like the cute picture. Nice work.

    Coleen
    from s-b

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely amazing. I love the photo and the 3d effect makes the card unique. You are so creative. Ahhh you're so good at crafting : ) Inspiring.
    From montignyrules -swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining in with my weekly Pinning & Singing party. It was so lovely to see your pretty project this week!

    Best wishes.
    Natasha In Oz

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog